Wednesday, April 20, 2016

The Do's and Don't's of Presenting


After seeing my classmates' presentations, I've come up with a few ideas of what you should do and what you should not do when making a presentation.

Do:

  • Add colors to the presentation. Colors make contrast interesting.
  • Use bullet points. It's easier to read the information.
  • Use large print. It's easier to read and makes the slide less cluttered.
  • Add pictures. If you have a habit of writing a lot, pictures take up space, making you write less.

Don't:
  • Use only black and white. Black and white can look fine depending on the presentation, but sometimes it can look unfinished.
  • Use large paragraphs of information. Consolidating it down to a few points makes the slide easier to understand.
  • Use small fonts. Squinting isn't fun.
  • Forget the pictures. They help add information in an interesting and fun way.

Unfortunately, I never got to present my research proposal presentation, but final research presentations are coming up soon. If I were to guess on how well I would have done, I think I would have done pretty well. I knew exactly what I was going to say beforehand. My text might be a little too small on my slides, but it should be okay. My only definite problem would have been projecting my voice, but hopefully I'll be able to do that during my presentation in the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment